skincare n tips

Friday, October 31, 2008

Heya all!
Im finally back from Zurich and it was SNOWING there!
Coolness 10 upon 10 coz it was my first snow sighting of '08. Didnt expect it to come so early in Oct, but it was pretty darn cool to wake up and see snow.
:)

My camera's buried somewhere deep in my bag, some pictures when I dig it out soon I promise.

I decided to stay in coz I didnt wanna risk frostbite and not feeling my fingers so it was great mask-ing time while watching old HongKong serials on my trusty DVD player!
God, I love creations like these.
Its a feel of Ch 55 u'noe in places where they dun even speaka Engrish.

Ok back to my facial regime.

I use a mixture of high-ends n low-ends products as long as they work on me.
(Recession soon, u know.)
Some brands I've used forever, some are alittle new but is great so Im recommending them to u here.
:)

I have dry, dehydrated skin which is oily on the inside, but dry (due to work) on the outside.
I dun really get pimples, n even if I do,- they're usually on my T-zone.

Sometimes, if I was really lazy in my skincare, I get angry bumps on my cheeks coz my skin's so dry.
A quick intensive mask usually does the trick to soothe away dryness n bring moisture back into my skin but now I try to regulate my facial wash n toner to have optimum results with simpler steps.

I believe in great skincare, NOT great makeup.

Step One: Cleansing

The most important step of a skincare regime, yet one product which actually needs the least money.
People spend too much on cleanser, where actually a simple one is suffice.

My favourite is CETAPHIL GENTLE SKIN CLEANSER.

Description: Recommended by beauty pros and dermatologists, Cetaphil is famous for gently cleansing and moisturizing skin. Perfect for even the most sensitive skin.

It doesnt dry out sensitive skins, but also cleans oily skins throughly.
Plus its cheap and 10 bucks gets u a big bottle.

For those who prefer lathering up to foam cleansers, I also recommend these few.

Clinique Liquid Facial Soap

All the benefits of Clinique’s famous dermatologist-developed facial soap in a new liquid formula.

La Mer Cleansing Gel
I've been using this for ages, n I love the smell of algae (I noe, weird.) n seaweed.
Or maybe its coz just La Mer, - my all time favourite.

Step Two: Toner

People say u can skip this step if u really have good skin, but who can say that they really really have good skin?
I believe toners goes double-duty in totally getting rid of dirt n grime that ur cleanser had forgotten, but it should also gently exfoliate ur skin and prep it for the maximum absorption of ur moisturiser later.

I use CLINIQUE's Clarifying Lotion 2.

Gentle exfoliating lotion for skins dry in the cheeks, comfortable to oily in the T-zone. De-flakes to reveal clearer skin.

I like its tingly sensation after applying with cotton, n it kinda wakes up the skin.
Might be alittle strong for sensitive skin so try it out at counters first.
I use it alternate days.

I also like Kose Sekkisei Lotion.

An intensive toner that provides moisturizing, anti-aging and brightening benefits. Lotion Excellent uses a technology that incorporates biomimetic ingredients to deliver double the concentration of Japanese and Chinese herbal extracts to instantly provide benefits to skin. Formulated with a unique combination of brightening and moisturizing herb extracts, plus two powerful anti-oxidant herbs for anti-aging properties.
Lively & bright impression.
Whitening lotion that helps brighten the appearance of dark spots to create a radiant, even toned complexion.
Sinking quickly into skin, the moisture-rich texture brings a fresh
and lively glow.
Helps prevent dryness and maintains a brighter & smoother skin.


How to use:
Apply to clean skin. Saturate a cotton pad and gently pat on the skin.

I love this n have been using this for years.
It give a glow n lightens skin discolorations n doubles up as a mask if u purchase Kose mask pills.
(Drop a mask pill in lotion n it opens up to a full face mask.)

My another favorite is SKII Facial Treatment Essence.

I guess this needs no introduction, being on TV for the longest time.
It is strong smelling but I would think it works in bringing a glow to ur skin.
Simply pour into palms of hands n pat onto face.
Might cause breakouts to some skins initially, so good to try out first.


Step Three: Moisturiser.

This is where the greatest damage to the wallet should be.
A good, no, great moisturiser should not make ur face feel overly oily, nor make it tight moments after applying.
But dun follow trends blindly and pay thru ur nose for something that is not suitable for u.
Everyone has different needs and skin types so if u dun carry the same bag as ur friend, why should u use the same moisturiser?

My take is, if the glass shoe doesnt fit then try another one.
Remember, what might suit u now might not later in life as our skin ages and needs differ again.

Here are just some of my favourites, it might not suit u in the end, but no harm trying I guess! :p

Of coz, my HG all these years is Creme De La Mer.

I use it religously, but sometimes truth is, I alternate it with my other cheaper moisturisers.
Firstly, this actually prompts skin to be in tip top condition, becoz do u realise that sometimes after using a product for a long time, the results dun seem as great as before?

Thus, I mix and match according to my skin and of coz, whichever cream I happen to grab first that day.
(Ok, kidding.)

I alternate my La Mer with:

U can never believe it, but my other favourite cream is actually a $3 LANOLIN natural cream made in New Zealand.
U can wiki n google about it, but I seriously doubt u can get it here in Singapore though.
I buy some whenever I go New Zealand or Australia where there have alot of natural skincare and I think it is great as its as organic skincare as orgainic can get.
N its darn cheap at airports too.

I also love Hazeline Snow.

I've been using it since I was a kid I think! It has great whitening effects, n u can use it on ur elbows, legs and wherever u can think of. Its extremely soothing too so I like it on hot humid days after I come out of a cold shower.
I use it alot on the neck area becoz its ultra moisturising and its cheap too.
N I love the smell too. Reminds me of when Im younger.
Some things are just classic, yes? :)

Well, thats all for today folks.
Im tired, having just touched down today. Maybe I'll come back n talk about my serums, eye creams n body lotions but hey, we'll keep it to another date, ya?

Happy Halloween everyone!
I'm spending mine in with the biggest character of all, Jungle Boy.
:)

Love love.

xoxo
elaine

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Hello there, Pixie! Feel free to leave a comment, thanks! xo

My Reads

Blog Archive