High Tea at Goodwood Park

Thursday, September 26, 2013

[Food Pics + High Tea] Hello guys! Its Thursday and the weekend is round the corner! October is approaching real fast and its so scary, isn't it! This year marks my 2nd wedding anniversary and we will be heading to Taipei for a short trip ~ really can't wait! I love everything about Taipei and if I only have one complain that will be the amount of MSG in the food there but then again I have to admit that everything taste fabulous in Taipei! I have no chance to have a proper sit-down dinner coz I'm always so stuffed eating all the wonderful street snacks. Sometimes I think I eat more than shop in Taipei! 
Anways here's a recent trip to Goodwood Park for High Tea with my girl friends!
I relish the times chatting with my former colleagues and I'm ever so thankful that we have kept in contact throughout the years! We often have our High Tea sessions in different places and this time we decided to go to Goodwood Park Hotel, which is a heritage hotel in Singapore situated in a 6-hectare landscaped garden on Scotts Road, Orchard. 
My 38 sisters!
Cel and Viv, you might have seen them before in pictures from here.
The three of us! 
Since the 1970s, the English Afternoon Tea has earned a reputation for L’Espresso as the “place for elegant teatime pursuits”. The buffet spread is a dazzling assortment of dainty sandwiches, salads, savouries, pastries, desserts, chocolate fountain and of course, traditional English scones.
L'Espresso serves a buffet spread of hot and cold savory items
Lasagna 
Sandwiches 
My favorite! Scones 
And an array of delectable desserts 
(But no durian items coz its not in season)
Chocolate fondue 
Look at our spread!
I was starving after a yoga class that morning so I was really ecstatic at the food spread! LOL 
Had such a delightful and fun afternoon with my funny friends!
While I love the colonial feel of Goodwood Park, I'm not so impressed with the food or ambiance at L'Espresso. Unfortunately the lounge is not in a private area, and the seats were along the common corridor of the hotel and it was distracting with the constant flow of customers and staff of the hotel walking right past us while we were eating. Although it was quiet enough (on a weekday afternoon) to hold a decent conversation, I was just uncomfortable with people looking at at us throughout our hi-tea session! And despite the fact that the staff are polite, they seemed rather short-handed as we had to fight for their attention most of the time. The only saving grace is that Goodwood Park has one of the biggest High Tea buffet spread and if you intend to stuff yourself and make your money's worth then this would be it. The coffee and selection of teas are also commendable. The drink menu wasn't as extensive as say, Shangri-La or Ritz Carlton, but suffice. 
Haha we had an impromptu OOTD (Outfit of the Day) session outside coz the greenery in Goodwood looked so pretty! Their well-manicured lawn and garden near the pool felt so lush we felt that we couldn't possibly leave without some pictures. 
Thanks for dropping by everyone~! Hope you'll have a great weekend ahead! xoxoxoxo
Facebook ♥ Instagram ♥ Twitter
Kinda missing my fringe now ... Im growing them out at the moment! What do u think? Should I leave them or cut bangs once again? *headache*
Bye!

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Hello there, Pixie! Feel free to leave a comment, thanks! xo

My Reads

Blog Archive