I is no Rebecca Bloomwood

Friday, April 17, 2009

Hi, My name is Elaine and Im a shopaholic.
:(

Had the most amazing time with the BFFs last nite, bitching over dinner and poking each other ribs guffawing while watching Confessions of a Shopaholic.



I love them to bits, I really do.
Yes, and even the absent one.. I also love her to death.
:D

But first... pics from way long ago, PARIS!

My ultimate favourite romantic destination.. whimsical buildings, fabulous food and rows and rows of shops that smell like ur brand new leather bag.

I usually walk in, take a deep breath and feel like Im in heaven.

Weird I know, but bags & shoes are my most lethal obsession.
And what more intoxicating than the smell of soft buttery leather?

Sigh.
I need help.

All ya better raise ur hands up too, coz I know Im not alone on this!
:p

The Avenue des Champs-Élysées is the most prestigious avenue in Paris, France. With its cinemas, cafés, and luxury specialty shops, the Avenue des Champs-Élysées is one of the most famous streets in the world, and with rents as high as $1.50 million 1000 square feet of space, it remains the most expensive strip of real estate in Europe.
The name is French for Elysian Fields, the place of the blessed in Greek mythology.

The Avenue des Champs-Élysées is known in France as La plus belle avenue du monde ("The most beautiful avenue in the world").




We went to Galeries Lafayette and its one place in Paris where I would happily open a tent and camp there.

If they allowed me to do so, that is.

Dun laugh at me okie.... if u're a hot-blooded normal girl - chances are, you'll do the same!

In 1893 Théophile Bader and his cousin Alphonse Kahn opened a fashion store in a small haberdasher's shop at the corner of rue La Fayette and the Chaussée d'Antin, Paris. In 1896, the company purchased the entire building at n°1 rue La Fayette and in 1905 the buildings at n°38, 40 et 42, boulevard Haussmann and n°15 rue de la Chaussée d'Antin.

Théophile Bader commissioned Georges Chedanne and then his pupil Ferdinand Chanut to design the layout of the Haussmann location. A glass and steel dome, and Art Nouveau staircases were built in 1912.




When I was younger, I thought about how cool it was to be living in Europe.. how nice the weather is there and how it laidback the lifestyle is.

There is no point rushing, the people do things in their own sweet time and its useless to complain cos no one will even take you seriously.

You somehow go with the flow, count to ten and realise that why do you even want it be so fast in the first place?

The europeans take hours to do dinner, and I can slurp mine down in 10 mins flat.
:(

I think I should take time and smell the roses.
Life does seem to be great, afterall.

I realise we hurry hurry hurry too much and we dun see the small details around us.

Have u ever taken time to smile at the road sweeper?
Have u ever stopped and say thank you to the auntie who cleans the toilet?

Sigh.
I dun do it all the time, but I'm sure gonna start trying.

The recent Geylang Serai case made me wonder why life could be so fragile.
One last meal and never to be awoken from a coma.. God, thats bloody scary.

If I ever were to breathe my last breath one day, I want to do it without regrets - to leave blissfully, and not to grieve over matters that I didnt do.
Or did for that matter.

If I could only go back in time.
Maybe I would have done things alot differently.

Words that I should have never said, people that I would have never hurt.
Matters that I would finish, the neverending errands I would run.

And maybe I would have got that Suhali bag I never gotten around to buying.
:p

I awoke to birds chirping when I was in LA and it was such a refreshing feeling.
:)

And so, I digress, hee.



Paris would be like the home I never had.. but simply too far to attain right now.
If I could find the time.. one day I'll take up French and dream the dream I never had to courage to do.

To stop everything & live in France for a year.

But right now, I could only live my dream through my french purses.
So silly, right?
:)

C'est la vie, everyone.
Whats your dream?

xoxo
elaine

Back tonight to reply tags!
Lurveeee all of u sweets.
God bless.

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Hello there, Pixie! Feel free to leave a comment, thanks! xo

My Reads

Blog Archive