back soon!

Friday, May 22, 2009

"Too many people spend money they haven't earned, to buy things they don't want, to impress people they don't like."
-Will Smith

How true.
:)

I am really late with my blog entries I noe.. sorry!
Have been spending some time with family & friends, thus the backlogged pictures that are still in my laptop.

Will be back real soon coz I need to go back to work already.
Take care all!

God bless and enjoy ur weekend.
;)

xoxo
elaine



Looking Good without Spending Much

As u can see, Im super duper into accessories at the moment.
They jazz up any old outfit that I already have and take attention away from my boring clothes.

To be frank, I contemplated getting some high-end Chanel ones like many of my friends but that more I look at them - the more I dun find them so nice, actually.
:(

And in hard times like these, I really cannot bear to spend so much on a single item, and they arent even genuine pearls or gold.
(They cost $450 for a pair of earrings, and range from $300-$800 for a single necklace.. Oouch!)

Accessories are spur of the moment items, something u can throw on at any whim or fancy, depending on what u are wearing.
Therefore, I go for cheaper ones, ones that are unique and would help express one's identity.

But if u already have some Chanel ones, U could mix high and low-end items, coz I really do think its a fantastic look too.

But back to cheap ones, now.
U can get really reasonable priced ones from Forever21, Diva and small shops from various shopping centres.
(They cost about $5-$50, depending on size and how intricate the pieces are.)

Not only that, they are so much cheaper than buying a new outfit and u can wear them almost everyday!
I love mixing and matching silver n gold necklaces with brown/gold bangles and a big ring on my forefinger.

I loveeee the '50-60s look, where hippies ruled the world and people made love, not war.
:p

The trick is to get those vintage looking ones, and if u get gold accessories - make sure they are quite worn-out and tarnished looking.

Weird I know, but the older they look, the more boho-chic it is.
Do remember to pair them with oversized sunnies and u are good to go!
:D

Some inspirational pictures of Rachel Zoe and Nicole Ritchie that I totally heart.







Dun they look absolutely stunning?

"Showing off is the fool's idea of glory."
-Bruce Lee

And u dun have to spend alot to look good.

Now I have much joy in buying cheaper alternatives and using natural products in my skincare.

Peace Out, everyone.

Going to have dinner with close friends tomorrow night.
Cant wait!

Tags to be replied when I come back.
Love.

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Hello there, Pixie! Feel free to leave a comment, thanks! xo

My Reads

Blog Archive