NYC - my second home.

Wednesday, November 25, 2009

Helloooooooo everyone!
Ok I am ashamed,- I have sooooo many backlogged pictures its alittle disconcerting.

Imagine Im trying to post pictures from New York like, from a month ago when I went there for work.
Its scary becoz I remember cutting my fringe then before I went away and then today I went to cut my fringe again.

Time flies so fast its getting scary!

Its weird how you would wish for time to quickly pass when u're at work (like, duh.) and then you wish for time to slow down when u are having fun.
:p

Life is contradicting, eh?

While I do like being young, its funny how at the same time I want to go into the future and play with my children while skipping childbirth.
But then I think I have to put up with looking 20 pounds (and thats being kind) heavier and 20 years older.

I look at all my mummy friends and I salute them.

I cannot imagine taking care of Jungle Boy Junior.
Like, I have one at home now and I can go crazy sometimes.

Case to point:
Just now during dinner, he tell me he very full already and now he comes home only to order Macdonald.
:/

Ok, wanna see New York?
:D

DEAN AND DELUCA!

Love the fresh flowers sold there.
I could stare the whole day.





Dean & DeLuca is a chain of upscale grocery stores.
The first one was established in New York City's SoHo district by Joel Dean and Giorgio DeLuca in September 1977.
A new Dean & DeLuca opened in 1988. Smaller retail outlets followed in Manhattan’s Rockefeller Plaza and in the Paramount Hotel. Espresso Bars are also located around New York and in Washington, D.C. Dean & DeLuca also has stores in Charlotte, Kansas City, Napa Valley, Tokyo, Dubai, and Taipei. A new West Coast flagship store is due to open at the Fashion Island shopping mall in Newport Beach during the fall of 2009. The major retail locations offer catering services within their local area. Dean & DeLuca's newest branch opened at The Avenues, Kuwait's largest and most upscale mall, in January 2009.
- ref: Wiki



Not forgetting my favourite cupcakes from Magnolia bakery!
Look at the crowd.
And it was already about 9pm!



Magnolia Bakery is a bakery opened in 1996 at 401 Bleecker Street, on the corner of West 11th Street in the West Village neighborhood of Manhattan, New York City.The bakery is known for its famous dessert treats, including its cupcakes and old-fashioned Depression era icebox cakes. It stays open unusually late for a bakery, and typically there is a line to get in as late as 11:30 p.m. on Friday and Saturday nights. Magnolia limits cupcake purchases to 12 per customer because of their popularity.
The exterior of the bakery downtown, as well as its cupcakes, were featured in Lazy Sunday, a Saturday Night Live digital short broadcast in December 2005. The bakery was also featured on Sex and the City, in the film Prime, in which one of the characters throws Magnolia pies at his ex-girlfriends, and in The Devil Wears Prada, in which the character Andy says at one point that she needs to get to the bakery to pick something up for her boyfriend.
-ref: Wiki

I bought two.
Absolute sweetness.



Then I ate..
And ate in New York!



Loving every bit of it.
(Sometimes... coz I get alittle homesick.)



Then I shopped alittle..
But ate again!!!

Im blessed to be surrounded by lovely, lovely people and their positive energy makes my day.
We talked alot and laughed so much, - it was all great fun.



It doesnt really matter how long or short people know each other, but mutual trust and a sense of understanding and appreciation always works in sustaining friendships.

Have u wondered why u warm up to some people instantly becoz of their genuine sincerity, yet there are certain people u will never touch with a pole?

Im glad I've found such a stellar group of friends and like a star, - they are always there for me to look up to.
:)

On another note, am so busy watching Cruel Temptations the Ch U Korean melodrama now!
Omg its alittle draggy, typically the kind that makes u all frustrated yet totally unable to pull away from the television.



Okies, got to go watch telly now!
Yes.. Im such a TV addict I know, hee.

p.s anyone loving the Goldheart Jewellery advertisement song??
Omg its so catchy, its going round in circles in my head.

p.p.s
Off to meet my BFFs tmr for a round of much needed girly meetup before my other BFF officially become a MRS!

And also...my best friend aka BFF Wen is pregnant..!
(She's going to kill me!)

WE ARE ALL GOING TO BE GODMAs VERY SOOOOOOON U NOE?

Just imagine.. a small BFF baby is coming.
He's so blessed becoz all of us will love him very much, Im sure.
Esp his daddy and mummy.
*I wanna cry*

I'll love him just like mine becoz I love my BFF bery much too.
:)

And then to think right after BFF's I-Dos, Jungle Boy and me are jetting off almost immediately to a secret location!
Just to spend some time together on my birthday.
:D

Its gonna be an AMAZING week!
I hope its the same for u.
God bless all.

Love.

xoxo
elaine73

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Hello there, Pixie! Feel free to leave a comment, thanks! xo

My Reads

Blog Archive