New York and Thank Yous

Friday, March 19, 2010

Hi everyone!
Hows sunny singapore at the moment?

The weather is great here, buts its alittle chilly and is making my skin a wee bit more drier than I've expected.
So just now it was time for a purifying clay mask (to absorb oil and sebum) followed by a sheet of hydrating mask to improve skin texture and prevent my T-zone from going haywire.
Ahhh.. so much better after a round of self pampering done by yours truly.

I find it absolutely a life-saver by finding some time to be alone, turning off the TV even and ignoring my laptop.
Im finally reading "The 5 People You Meet in Heaven" courtesy of BFF from eons ago, - sadly neglected on my bookshelf gathering dust.
And oh, what a revelation!

Sometimes u dun see the picture until much later, so this teaches me never to assume.
Assumption is the mother of all fuck-ups like what Jungle Boy would tell me, but being human we dun necessarily see the point.
Until much later, that is.

And sadly, it might be too late then.
(As from the book la.)

Hokies, ready for pictures from NYC???
Spent the day with my dearest, loveliest most beautiful C!
Love her to bits, we talked and laughed so much I think I nearly pee-ed in my pants.
Okayyyyyyy I noe.. disgusting me!!!
Hahahhahahha!



And then of coz, we did what we do best - SHOPPING!
Went to my favourite pink shop.
(Outside dun have but inside alot..of.. PINK!)



I hardly buy anything from them, mainly becoz of their exorbitant prices.
And also I dun think that Jungle Boy would be rather pleased knowing that I threw USD$200 down on a velour pantsuit.. on discount.
So I dun simply dun dare laaaa, later he dun wan marry me how?
:p

But looking is free! (and so is caress-ing them, imagining Im wearing Juicy pantsuits instead of my tatty 3 for $10 pasar malam t-shirts that I normally wear to bed..)

And taking pictures outside also free!!!



The Abercrombie one I risked life and limb to take one okay?
Coz they get so worked up once u whip out a camera.

After a whole day of fun, C and me needed something to replace our depleting energy.. so what better than MAGNOLIA CUPCAKES'S SUGAR RUSH..!!!!



Most popular sweets in New York.
Courtesy of Sex and The City lor, what else?



The queue was pretty short but I dare you to go after working hours where frenzied white-collar New Yorkers would come in throngs trying to buy the cute little cupcakes like it would help erase their crazy working hours in this concrete jungle.

But undoubtedly, it was one of my best times in NYC spending it with my sweetest C.
Take care all!
I am coming home soon.

Cant wait to see Jungle Boy and eat chicken riceeeeeeee!
Or wanton meeeeeeee.

I think jusMe should buy me lunch at the hawker centre coz I never forget u wor.
*wink*



God bless.

xoxo
elaine73

p.s
Wooooohooooooo U all dun angry I neber buy cupcake for u arh..
Show u all nice nice poem.
:D

People are unreasonable, illogical and self-centered.
Love them anyway.

If you do good, people will accuse you of selfish, ulterior motives.
Do good anyway.

If you are successful, you will win false friends and true enemies.
Succeed anyway.

The good you do today will be forgotten tomorrow.
Do good anyway.

Honesty and frankness make you vulnerable.
Be honest and frank anyway.

If you are honest and sincere people may deceive you.
Be honest and sincere anyway

What you spend years creating, others could destroy overnight.
Create anyway.

The biggest person with the biggest ideas can be
shot down by the smallest person with the smallest mind.
Think big anyway.

If you find serenity and happiness, some may be jealous.
Be happy anyway.

What you spend years building may
be destroyed overnight.
Build anyway.

People really need help but may attack if you help them.
Help people anyway.

Give the world the best you have
and you might get kicked in the teeth.
Give the world the best you've got anyway.


Thank you.. U noe who u are.
:)

You Might Also Like

1 comments

  1. Hi Elaine,

    Finally your blog has got a comment section. I'm one of those who prefer leaving comments to tags. I guess it's coz I'm more lor sor and tag space is limited. =)

    What version of photoscape are you using? I'm using 3.4 and I'm not so sure if that's the latest. I realised you've got some pretty fonts and borders that are not found on the version I have.

    I think you handled the negative comments pretty well. I've got my fair share of flames ever since my blog became more public coz of my god daughter's illness. The tracker managed to track that most came from one single person and I just wonder why people do such things. We can't make everyone like us so the best is either to ignore or to treat the person nicely coz it's not like Maths where one negative and another negative make a positive.

    I've also thought of not writing anymore or probably shift to a more obscure url due to many reasons. But then again, there's this sentiment in me that's pleading for me to continue on and from then onwards, I became more open and decided to blog freely, not caring about anything else and whether I'll offend any who's reading.

    And babe, you're making me miss New York all over again!

    ReplyDelete

Hello there, Pixie! Feel free to leave a comment, thanks! xo

My Reads

Blog Archive