Talika Photo-Beauty Therapy® Event + Review

Monday, April 22, 2013

Hi everybody! How was your weekend? 
I had a great time lazing a little at home, watching some tv and catching up on my posts. Was doing quite a bit of reading on the new Talika Photo-Beauty Therapy® range while doing this review. I was particularly intrigued when I found out that this range has the ability to naturally transform light energy into dermo-repairing energy and repair damaged DNA. Isnt amazing? Will explain all that in detail soon! But first up.. the event :)
Earlier last month, my good friend Verlyn thoughtfully invited me along to the new Talika Photo-Beauty Therapy® launch at the fabulous Equinox in Swissotel hotel!
My Street Fighter 'Chun-li' (Herine Ang say one) hair do for the day! 
Really look like arh ...
Hahaha! No la ....
Coz the weather was getting very hot and I couldn't deal with feeling warm and sweaty .. so I decided to pin up my fringe!
So much cooler and not so hot that way la!
The Event
I walked into the nicely-decorated event room with all the Talika products on display
The star of the event ? Why.. The Talika Photo-Beauty Therapy® Range, of course!
With my favorite girls! L-R : Verlyn, Maybelline and Herine
Its my 2nd time up here on the 69th floor but wow! The view ~ took my breath away :)
While we took our seats and waited for the event to start proper, we were constantly being served drinks and canapés by the kind servers! They fed us well indeed~
Saw my friend Deenise!
Back to eating! Herine .. u remember your oyster bo... heehee.
Ver and her yum-yum face lol!
Then u look at this Maybel... sibeh serious.. dunno thinking of who liddat...
The Presentation
What if light was the ultimate cosmetic ingredient?
Light has revealed a secret:
Light energy can be transformed into Dermo-repairing energy.
Talika research discovered and isolated an enzyme, a genuine miracle of
nature found in a blue microalgae: The Photo-Beauty Enzyme® 
Like a photovoltaic cell, the Photo-Beauty Enzyme® has the incredible ability to naturally transform light energy into dermo-repairing energy and repair damaged DNA.
The source of all life:
LIGHT
Wait, I camwhore first arh.
Ok ~ start!
Led by Miss Sina Deubner, director for Talika - she explained in detail the latest technology in the Photo-Beauty Therapy range.
The Photo-Beauty Enzyme® has demonstrated its ability to instantly remedy these changes. It targets dimers which distort DNA over time. Activated by light energy that it converts into dermo-repairing energy, the PBE eliminates dimers in just a few nanoseconds, allowing DNA to recover its original form and functional capacities, and skin to regain optimal performance. The Photo-Beauty Therapy® products contain 0.2% Photo-Beauty Enzyme® whose efficacy has been tested on human skin explants. And astonishingly.. 48hr after treatment, - 87% of changes to DNA caused by UV are repaired*!! 
Their Star Product : The Light Essence
This is the Anti-Aging Serum
We took the displays and tried a little of each on ourselves
There is the Anti-aging line and the Whitening line from the Talika Photo-Beauty Therapy® range.
I chose to review the Brightening range (more on it later!)
My friends will be reviewing the Anti-aging range so I'll post the links up here once they are ready!
After an informative talk, it was dessert time before we knew it!
Thank you this kind server for constantly checking on us and giving us more FOOD!
The sweets all looked sooo cute!
Raspberry dark chocolate cake!
We ate too much!
We even got carried away and continued chatting after the end of the event ~ lol! 
Too fun!
Thanks Talika for having us that day!
Review below!
While we took The Light Essence home that very day after the event, the other two products arrived slightly later so I decided to wait for it and use the products in conjunction,- then do the review all together. So here are my final three products - One big happy family, finally!
In 2012, Talika created a new approach to cosmetic skincare based on this biological discovery and unveiled incredibly innovative complete lines. Talika now offers this natural treasure to the skin by integrating the Photo-Beauty Enzyme® for the first time in its skincare and creating the Photo-Beauty Therapy® lines. Anti-Aging and Whitening range available.
Talika The Light Essence Activateur Cellulaire
THE LIGHT ESSENCE acts like a correction curve, an “equalizer”, which takes just a few seconds to reset all “cell counters” to zero! Meanwhile, it boosts the youthfulness process in your epidermis.
The cell recovers its “original” potential, as a result skin is able to receive and transmit the benefits of daily skincare LIKE NEVER BEFORE.
This Essence should be applied to clean skin after toner.
I was surprised at how hydrating this felt even though it was extremely liquid-based. It absorbed quickly into my dehydrated skin and I really liked how one of the ingredients, (which is rose water.) gave off a slight fragrance. It felt soothing at the same time.
Photo-Beauty Therapy® Brightening Serum
Prodigious, rich in PBE and brightening active ingredients - it targets melanocytes specifically to reduce the intensity of dark spots and brightens the complexion within four weeks.
Apply Serum after Essence, on toned face.
The Serum was gel-based and it felt light on my skin. Im generally wary of serums because they tend to be too heavy and rich, causing me to have a skin breakout. However with this, I found this rather mild and will not leave a heavy, or sticky after-feel on my skin. Good for people who prefer a serum that will be absorbed quickly, yet still feel feather-light on their skin.
Photo-Beauty Therapy® Brightening Cream
Suffused in PBE, lightening and nourishing active ingredients, - The Photo-Beauty Therapy® Brightening Cream significantly reduces melanin levels inside skin cells.
Comes in a tub
Formulated to be used after essence and serum, apply suitable amount of cream on face and neck.
Frankly this is my favorite product simply due to its super quick absorption rate on my skin. It feels light (like a gel) although its actually a cream. It also dries to a matte finish and I dun have any sticky after-feel at all! Perfect for the hot and humid weather, especially on my T-zone where I tend to produce most oil. I keep touching my face as I find it baby smooth after application of the cream lol.
Overall Review: I really like the packaging and feel of the Talika products, Talika is a rather high-end French brand so I expect no less from them. This time, they didn't disappoint. I am also impressed with the technology behind the Photo-Beauty Therapy® range - who would have thought of using Light to radically transform and heal damaged DNA? Do also note that 'light' also refers to any source of light, including artificial ones eg indoor lights. I would recommend buying the set as a whole, as each individual item has its own qualities and they do complement one another. The Essence (which I really like) also has a soothing scent from its rose water extracts and I can might use this as a DIY mask to hydrate my skin further. The Serum is extremely light texture and I find it suitable for combi-oily skins. I also enjoyed using the Cream although Im not as fond of the scent as compared to the Essence. I like the smooth and non-sticky after feel of the cream and find it hydrating enough. However if you would prefer a richer cream - perhaps the Anti-aging Line would be more suitable for you. The Anti-aging range promises to promote collagen, while the Brightening range will decrease pigmentation and reveal a more luminous complexion. I would recommend you to head to their counters and try out the range and hope you enjoy them as much as I enjoyed doing the review :)
Prices:
Light Essence at $149
Anti-Aging Serum at $99
Anti-Aging Cream at $129
Brightening Serum at $99
Brightening Cream at $119
For more info, please head to 
Talika Website : http://www.talika.com/
Talika Store Locations can be found here : http://www.talika.com/selling-points.html
Take care and have a great week!
Leaving you with the girls and meeee! xo
Thanks everyone! Cya soon! Bye!

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Hello there, Pixie! Feel free to leave a comment, thanks! xo

My Reads

Blog Archive