Hada Labo SHA Hydrating Lotion Review

Friday, November 08, 2013

[Advertorial Review] Have you seen this tagline before?
"1 bottle sold every 2 seconds in Japan"
If you said, yes - Im pretty sure you have seen their commercial on TV too! Not only is Hada Labo Lotion a best-seller in Japan, celebrity make-up artists have also been raving about it on shows!
Thanks to Hada Labo and SampleStore, I had the opportunity to try out their newly re-launched Hada Labo SHA Hydrating Lotion - New Nano Formula
Hada Labo SHA Hydrating Lotion
The Hada Labo SHA Hydrating Lotion contains
- 3 Types of Super Hyaluronic Acids to deeply penetrate the skin to nourish and help restore skin's barrier to prevent moisture loss.
Nano Hyaluronic Acid - With Molecule size of 1/20 of HA, it easily penetrates to deeply moisturize skin
Super Hyluronic Acid - With 2x the moisture rentention capacity of HA to keep skin hydrated & smooth for a longer period of time
Hyluronic Acid (HA) - 1 gm is able to hold 6 liters of water, effectively locks in moisture on skin.
*a small note* - The Japanese equivalent of 'Lotion' is more commonly known to us as 'Toners' so please do not mistake this product for a moisturizer.
Ingredient List and Instructions
Each bottle has a nozzle to properly dispense a suitable amount of lotion for application
First Impressions : At $22.90 for 170ml, this is an extremely value-for-money product and the consistency is somewhat heavier than a regular toner. This product is slightly thicker, with a gel-lish watery feel but does not leave any stickiness after use. The nozzle is not messy and user-friendly. Simply overturn bottle and with a gentle force, squeeze the bottle to dispense lotion into your palm.
Instructions : Use twice a day on cleansed skin. 
Apply on palms and gently pat onto skin until absorbed.
Let's try it!
Here I am with clean skin
Use a suitable amount - Here I am with a 20c coin size amount of lotion
Trying to act like the tv commercial ........... #fail
*BOINK BOINK*
Overall Review : Upon reading further instructions online, I realize that this Hada Labo SHA Hydrating Lotion can also act as a last step to remove any remaining dirt, oil, residue & dead skin after cleansing. However, you might prefer to use a cotton pad for that purpose. I did try it separately with a cotton pad and I could see it turn a slightly darker color after I was done. In addition, this lotion is extremely hydrating even without using a moisturizer. I prefer to allow the lotion to fully absorb into my skin (takes at least 30 seconds to 1 minute) before I apply my normal moisturizer. My top observation after using this product is how hydrated my skin was and being free of fragrance, it does not irritate my sensitive skin at all. 
My makeup also glides on after regular use :)
Before I sign off, I wanted to also show you the different products available at Hada Labo for different skin types and uses! Do get one most suitable for your needs.
 I highly recommend the Hada Labo SHA Hydrating Lotion for dry to normal skin types as it deeply penetrates the skin to provide hydration and prevent additional moisture loss. 
Thanks for dropping by, dearies! For more information, please head to :
Hada Labo Website : http://www.hadalabo.com.sg/
Hada Labo SG Facebook : https://www.facebook.com/hadalabosg
Hada Labo SHA Hydrating Lotion is available at Watsons for $22.90 each. 
To redeem FREE samples, please head to www.samplestore.com (Click here!)  - while stock lasts, 1st come 1st serve basis. So hurry!
xoxoxoxo
Facebook ♥ Instagram ♥ Twitter

You Might Also Like

6 comments

  1. Super thanks for putting the "what is the difference" picture up and clarifying what type is good for what type of skin! I've been seeing the different bottles everywhere online and was confused which was for what skin type :). Keep up your blog it rocks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Goodness, you have beautiful skin! Thank you for the review, it's kind of confusing trying to figure out which of these Hada Labo products are best for my skin type. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just want to warn readers out there, when buying the lotion in SG, check whether it is made in China or Japan! I noticed that the hydrating lotion (light) was made in China, whereas the super hyrdating lotion was made in Japan. A world of difference even though both were priced at $22!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Does this range good for combination skin too? Thanks

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thks Anon for making us aware! I didnt know abt it either!!!

    Hi anon! Yes suitable for combi skin, no prob! -Coz my skin also combi :)

    ReplyDelete

Hello there, Pixie! Feel free to leave a comment, thanks! xo

My Reads

Blog Archive