Dinner Date at Rakuichi

Wednesday, July 25, 2012

Once in a while the hubs and I will try out a place that we have never been before 
Sometimes the food is great, sometimes not so much.
Upon walking in to Rakuichi I was pretty impressed with the simple yet tasteful deco and the fast efficient service of the staff even when we had no prior reservations
We decided to have the fuss-free dinner set which comprised of 7 courses - each painstakingly presented and well-thought of.
Chef hard at work behind the bar counter
The fried fish was great with some Asahi beer and I liked the top shell coz it was pretty fresh
Sashimi for two to share 
It was fresh but not awesome. 
Green tea to cleanse the palate (and taste of raw fish!) before the next course
Mini BBQ for us! I love how cute this looked!
It was a mixture of seafood, vegetables and beef
The hubs finished this! Washing the fried fish down with beer!
But of coz I loved the sesame ice-cream most! It came with springy mochi bits and I devoured it all although I was so full from the udon noodles 
(not pictured)
It was a lovely heartfelt meal which I enjoyed.
Dinner reservations highly recommended on weekends.
The hubs stole a shot of me!
Rakuichi (Oasia Hotel)
Sinaran Drive 
Tel:  (+65) 6659 6683
We headed to the Long Bar at Raffles for a nightcap
I love the history of the Singapore Sling and Raffles Long Bar! I remember explaining to countless passengers how this iconic drink came about.
The Singapore Sling is a cocktail that was developed sometime before 1915 by Ngiam Tong Boon - a bartender working at the Long Bar in Raffles Hotel Singapore. The original recipe used gin, Cherry Heering, Bénédictine, and fresh pineapple juice, primarily from Sarawak pineapples which enhance the flavour and create a foamy top.
It was refreshingly delicious! I could drink this all night
We also had the cutest conversation with the guest next to us! It was hilarious when he started showing us pictures of showgirls in his native Australia! The hubs promptly directed him to Orchard Tower *laughs* 
It was a great night :)
Hope u are having a fabulous midweek! 
xoxo
elaine73

You Might Also Like

1 comments

  1. Oooh I like how you braided one side of your hair! ;)

    ReplyDelete

Hello there, Pixie! Feel free to leave a comment, thanks! xo

My Reads

Blog Archive