A French Evening

Tuesday, July 03, 2012

Once in awhile I love having dinner with my girlfriends coz there's so much to catch-up on and talk about.
So one weekday evening last week we organised a small French dinner by the Kallang stadium
Stepping into Le Bistrot was like a vintage dream come true.
I particularly love the array of cages on display - as u can see, I have one on my blog too!
There was a huge wall with the special food and drink menu of the day written down
There was even a baby grand piano in the restaurant and we gladly took many many camwhore pictures with it!
While waiting for our food anyways :)
I love the idea of photo frames decorating the walls too!
We each ordered the set menu : Appetizer, Main and Dessert
Char and Cin had the Foie Gras
And I had the Scallops
Cheers!
Char's Pork Chops with Mash
Cin's Beef Steak and Fries
And my Chef Recommendation of Duck Confit
Frankly as much as I loved the deco and attentive service at Le Bistrot, I found the menu lacking in choices and the food to be rather below my expectations. Everything we chose had to be 'topped' up in monetary value and the lack of variety and choices was pretty undiscerning - given the prices. We paid slightly above $300 in all, inclusive of drinks but I really cant justify the prices with the location. Hopefully they will tweak the menu alittle and improve on the desserts (Pls skip the Creme Brulee) before I decide to make another trip down :) Having said that, the wonderful servers there made our dinner a pleasant one that evening so kudos to them. Have a blessed day ahead pixies!
Off to Bangkok for the week with bestie!
xoxoxoxoxo

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Hello there, Pixie! Feel free to leave a comment, thanks! xo

My Reads

Blog Archive