Detox detox detox

Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Hi girls!
I just got back from Jakarta and it was lovely doing my hair spa and massages for as little as $14 per treat.
Now I come back home and realise that everything here is terribly expensive!
Tsk.

To: Anonymous

Im currently on a detox system and I'm loving it.
Introduced by my colleague, its called the Cayenne Pepper Diet and its relatively easy and extremely cheap.

Made famous by Beyonce for getting into shape for her role in Dreamgirls, its made to be originaly a fast but I do not recommend it unless you are really determined to stick it it.
I drink it daily but I still have my meals - just smaller portions & lesser meat.

And not only that, I dun trust the idea of popping pills or going on fad diets to be crazily thin.
I like being happy and healthy - even if Im not deemed to be of 'model weight'.
:)

Im 158cm, and I weight around 48-49kg.
Sometimes I even hit 50kg, but becoz Im short I tend to look heavier.
Unfortunately I put on weight only on my lower body so maybe you might think that Im thin, but trust me Im not!

I dun weight myself regularly, only when Im at my regular spa in Singapore and I hop on one for fun.
Yes, I dun own a weighing scale at home.

I just dun believe in it.
I judge my body by my clothes - becoz numbers on a machine doesnt mean anything to me.

If I feel tighter around my hips & waist, then I cut back on my food and try to eat lesser suppers!
LOL.

Yesh, Im a big fan of late-night suppers coz Jungle Boy's always hungry at midnight.
Im trying to stop.. I am!
But Macdonald's aint helping by having 24-hour deliveries.
Sigh.

Anyways, here's the receipe and I hope you are not on medication, or if you have any doubts, please do consult a doctor first.

The Cayenne Pepper Diet

The Cayenne pepper and Lemon diet is a cleansing regimen that would help detoxify your digestive system and at the same time help you lose weight.

The Cayenne pepper and Lemon diet which you’d have to drink would consist of the following:

- 2 tablespoons of fresh squeezed lemon juice.
- 2 tablespoons of 100% pure maple syrup
- 2 teaspoons of cayenne pepper
- 1 cup (8oz) of distilled water

If you decide to do it the Beyonce way, this drink is in replace of ALL meals with a minimum of 3 days and a maximum of 10 days.
(The actual process is recommended to be minimum 10 days & a maximum of 40 days but I find that too extreme.)

In additional, it is recommended that you drink a herbal laxative tea in the morning and night to aid in bowel movement.

However, due to my work schedules and hectic lifestyle, I am not on it as a fast.
I drink it in addition to water - and I try to eat healthier food.

The Pros and Cons of the Cayenne Pepper Diet

If you are looking to shed about 1-2 pounds per day and at the same time, clean your body of harmful toxins and chemicals then they Cayenne pepper and Lemon diet might just be the thing for you to try.
Originally called the “Master Cleanse”, this diet which was invented by Stanley Burroughs helps people to get rid of their body’s toxins that have built up over the years.

The Cayenne Pepper and Lemon cleanse is a very simple to make but getting past the first few days of the cleanse is another question.
But once you get yourself conditioned and have gotten used to the diet, you’ll see that it gets easier and easier.

Not only do people say that they’ve lost a lot of weight with the diet, many have also said that they energy levels have increased.
Cravings for junk foods and eating in fast foods have also reduced significantly.

This decrease in their cravings for so-called “bad food” would help them continuously loose weight and eat healthier in the long run.

Unlike other fad diets, the Cayenne Pepper diet will not leave you feeling tired and hungry.
Not only will you lose weight you will also get a total system cleanse and that should be reason enough for you to give it a try.
After all, the digestive system is one of the most vital systems in the body and making sure that it’s clean and healthy would ensure you of zero digestive problems in the long run.

Additional Information:

Each time that we eat, the body would also ingest chemicals and toxins.
In the long run, this will harm the body caused by irritation. Among the signs that will tell you if you body is already taking the toll are: body aches, bowel constipation, pains, irritability, exhaustion, and other tough side effects.

Among the body parts that can suffer from an oversupply of toxins are:
1. liver
2. colon
3. gall bladder
4. kidneys

The lemon and cayenne pepper diet can provide a lot of benefits aside from its detoxifying effect.
A lot of users were surprise that their craving for junk foods is lessened and the pain throughout their body instantaneously disappeared.

This is because the body experienced a release of pressure and irritation within the blood vessels and the nerves.
There are even some reported incidents when acne was observed as well as the improvement of the skin texture.

Review:
If u are wondering about the taste, Im glad to say that it doesnt taste bad at all!
I find it rather refreshing and you can either choose to take it hot/warm or cold.
I like it best room temp, just adding alittle hot water to make it slightly warm if the weather is cold.
I put the drink in a large water bottle and I carry it everywhere with me.

So far I think I lost around 2 inches from my waist, and I dun find myself as bloated as before.
I feel like I've gained more energy, and my eyes dun look as tired as before.
I go to the toilet alittle more often and I think its great becoz I drink more water as a result.

You may find the Cayenne Pepper in supermarkets like Cold Storage and it costs around $5.
Please remember to use fresh lemons and 100% pure maple syrup.
If u dun like maple syrup, u may subsitute it for honey.

But I can never stress the importance of your health, rather than trying to fit into society's mould of looking good.

Do consult a doctor at anytime if you feel weak, or dizzy and immediately stop all treatments once you dun feel well.

I wish all of you the best, and take care everyone!
Will be away on a long work trip, so will be back next week.
God bless.

xoxo
elaine

(Info Credits to : Author Peter Johnson)

Tags Replied:
Ping: Hi babe! I bought my clothes from Shilin Night Market in Taipei & they cost me roughly $12-15 each. :)

Anon: The above entry is dedicated to you! Hope u like it & do let me noe if it works for you! :D

Florence: *hug!* Please call me when u are back in Singapore! N yes I enjoyed myself in Hk.. too bad I couldnt meet u there thou! :(

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Hello there, Pixie! Feel free to leave a comment, thanks! xo

My Reads

Blog Archive