Tuesday, September 29, 2009

I love watching old movies in the afternoon.
My ultimate favourite couples of all times have to be the charismatic Chin Han and the perfect beauty Lin Ching Hsia.



I absolutely relish their fashion sense, revel in their courting ways and take pleasure in simple oh-I-love-you-so-much-I-cant-live-without-you storylines.

Where have those days gone to?
The dating game then only consists of a walk in the park and 50c movie tickets.
And if u really, really liked him - he gets to hold ur hand.

For a mere 2 seconds before u pull away shyly and look like u ate a hundred chilis.

And if ur parents hate his guts, - all u can do is to cry dramatically, slam ur fist in ur pillow and pretend to not to eat while looking out of ur bedroom window like a lovesick puppy.

But at the end of the day, the lovers will always reunite and the whole family will live happily ever after.

Oooohhh... how I delight myself in soppy old movies whenever I have the time.
:)

Anyways.. some pictures from LA!

This cheery tie-dye top put me in a great mood.
I loved it so much I got the maxi dress in the exact print.
All from Forever21, LA.



Having a hearty breakfast and then I went to the bookshop to laze the morning away.



I browsed this 7th edition book, 'Dont Go to the Cosmetics Counter Without Me' and it was very very informative!

Click here.



I've seen it before afew years ago but never had the time to actually sit down and read the book.
Its actually kinda like a reference book, a modern-day bible of all kinds of product listings and its ingredients.
The author tries the product and makes comments based on price and I was simply in shock of how cunning labels are!

La Mer gets trashed like dirt on the ground.
:(

I like how objective the author is, and she is definitely not one who falls for packaging.
If u have the chance, try to take a look and u will be surprised how similar drugstore products are to the high-end ones sold at prices of the GDP of a small African country.

Now Im never going to look at beauty products in dept stores the same way as I ever did, again.
But is it a good thing or a bad thing.. I ponder?

Okies guys.. have to go run errands and buy mooncakes with Jungle Boy later!
Yum yum, loveeee those durian ones.

Take care all.
God bless.

xoxo
elaine

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Hello there, Pixie! Feel free to leave a comment, thanks! xo

My Reads

Blog Archive