Aescure Medical & Aesthetic Clinic HydraFacial + BBL™ Forever Young-Sciton® Review

Monday, April 14, 2014

[Aesthetic + Facial Review] Hi everyone! Is it Monday already? How was your weekend?
I love going into a fresh, new exciting week but before I 'face up' to new adventures... my skin has to be radiant and ready!
Aescure Medical & Aesthetic Clinic
A couple of weeks ago, I headed out sea fishing with the hubby and friends (As I always do) - and what do you get when you go fishing? No.. not only do you get fish (haha!) ..
YOU GET DRY, DULL SKIN! 
Lo and behold! I went out under the sun for half a day and came back with really tanned skin! Unfortunately, my face also felt dehydrated and rough. Kinda like sandpaper~ arghh.

I first got up close and personal with Dr Malini from Aescure Medical & Aesthetic Clinic when they invited me for a private event and Im so struck by how friendly everyone is and how cosy the place feels! So with my after-fishing skin woes, I quickly made an appointment to salvage my dry skin!
Located along among the charming Amoy Street shophouses, Aescure Medical & Aesthetic Clinic is a stone's throw away from Tanjong Pagar MRT and the CBD area.
They have an array of aesthetic and facial services to suit all skin types and needs.
Stepping into the clinic, I love how clean and immaculate everything looks!
I felt at home with the friendly staff and after filling up my personal particulars, I was brought to a consultation room to see Dr Malini. (She's really slim, soft-spoken and so pretty!!)
As my main skin concern was dehydration and dryness, Dr Malini suggested that I try one of their signature facial treatments - The HydraFacial + BBL™ Forever Young-Sciton® skin session!
What is HydraFacial?
HydraFacial™ is a non-invasive skin rejuvenation treatment that cleanses, exfoliates, extracts impurities and hydrates your skin all the while infusing essential nutrients. It merges soothing and invigorating spa therapies with advanced medical technology to achieve instant and lasting results!
How does Hydrafacial work?
The HydraFacial™ treatment is a similar concept to microdermabrasion.  However no crystals are used to assist in the exfoliation process, but instead a specially shaped spiral tip exfoliates and removes impurities along with delivering pneumatically applied serums that cleanse, hydrate and provide antioxidant infusion during the treatment process.
What is the process like?
Skin is exfoliated several times as the tip is moved over it in a planning motion, whilst the serums applied soften the skin and sebum making it much easier to extract away impurities without being too abrasive to skin.
What can I expect from it?
The HydraFacial™ treatment visibly reduces fine lines and wrinkles, improves skin tone and texture and diminishes brown spots and other hyperpigmentation. HydraFacial™ is beneficial to the overall health and appearance of your skin. HydraFacial® also improves acne-prone skin.
Is there any 'downtime' with a HydraFacial™ treatment?
HydraFacial™ is not only painless; it is a soothing and relaxing treatment. Since HydraFacial™ is non-invasive - there is no downtime. As soon as your HydraFacial™ treatment is complete you can apply your makeup and continue on with your day as usual!    
Before
Here's me with my usual makeup - Sunscreen, loose powder, eyebrow embroidery, eyelash extensions and some mascara on my lower eyelashes.
As I got changed into my robe, I was really excited and looking forward to the treatment!
Here we go!
The proprietary serums within the Hydrafacial MD™ range, which are delivered direct to the skin’s surface via the Hydropeel™ Tip, include activ-4™ which contains glucosamine and lactic acid, as well as active botanicals for cleansing and hydrating all skin types, beta-hd™ which contains salicyclic acid for cleansing and hydrating oily and acne prone skin and antiox-6™ an antioxidant treatment serum for all skin types containing hyaluronic acid, vitamins A and E and white tea extract designed to combat the damage created by free radicals within the environment, and deeply moisturize the skin. Effective for all skin types including acne, oily, sensitive and aging skin.
My therapist cleansed off my makeup and started the process quickly with her deft fingers massaging the cleanser into my skin. 
Once my skin was makeup-free (she left my eye makeup on upon my request), my therapist used a vacuum-based skin abrasion tip which is loaded with various serums in an upward motion, avoiding the eye area. I could feel a slight 'sucking' motion during the treatment and I noticed that there's a slight redness when I look back at my pictures, but the redness went off almost instantly during the treatment even though I have rather sensitive skin.
Clean, Exfoliate and Extraction
There are basically three specially shaped spiral tips used during the procedure, and I could feel the serums infusing moisture into my skin during the HydraFacial.
The therapist is simultaneously bathing my skin with cleansing, hydrating and moisturizing serums.
Serums used in a HydraFacial treatment
Is it painful?
Nope! Not at all! There was a 'sucking' motion when the vacuum tip went over my skin, but it was absolutely painless!
Towards the end, my therapist lightly pats and massages the serums into my face 
Here's a quick look after my HydraFacial.. but HANG ON! There's more! :)
After HydraFacial 
BBL™ Forever Young-Sciton®
Right after my HydraFacial tretament, I head back to another consultation room to have my BBL™ Forever Young-Sciton® with Dr Malini! 
What is BBL™ Forever Young-Sciton®?
The BBL™ Forever Young-Sciton® technology utilizes the power of pulsed light to deliver excellent results in photo rejuvenation therapy. It also utilizes multiple passes and a variety of filters to not only address sun-damage and vascularity, but also to reverse aging and improve wrinkles and texture.
Forever Young BBL™ is the only device that has been shown to change the expression of genes associated with aging, longevity, and increased lifespan.
Protective gel was deliberately applied thickly over my face, and I needed to wear goggles during the procedure. I kept my eyes closed during the whole time but I could sense some heat and flashes of light during the BBL™ Forever Young-Sciton® treatment.
Dun confuse this with IPL.. coz it isn't! 
I've done IPL before, and its quite common to associate IPL and BBL, but to my utter surprise this was not painful at all! I have quite an intense fear of IPL becoz I had a rather bad experience previously where it hurt so much, I had to stop the treatment halfway to take a break. Hence I was apprehensive to try the Forever Young BBL™ but Dr Malini was very gentle, patient and made me feel totally at ease.
How does BBL™ work?
The light energy delivered by the BBL will gently heat the upper layers of your skin. The heat absorbed by the targeted areas will stimulate your skin cells to generate new collagen. This will help restore your skin to its natural beauty, blending its natural colors and making it smoother, vibrant and younger looking.
How long will BBL™ take to recover?
This is a non-invasive and gentle procedure with virtually no down-time. 
In most cases you will be able to return to work, apply makeup, and resume most of your activities right away.
Can you see the difference!
Even as my therapist remove the protective gel, I could see how clear and bright my skin looks already!
Dr Manlini explaining the treatment and effects on my skin to me, and I was advised to religiously apply sunscreen as after-care. Simple and easy, and definitely not too difficult isn't it! :)
I do LOVE it!
Right after my BBL™ Forever Young-Sciton® treatment, I head back to my facial room and as a last step, Dr Malini arranges a Vitamin Vegetable Mask to lock in all the goodness that my skin received earlier!
Based on marine algae extracts and a high amount of natural Vitamin C nutrients from orange and dill. The Vitamin C acts as a skin clarifying active principle, with antioxidants and is a stimulant of collagen synthesis.
True to form .. I took a picture of me in my mask to Instagram! LOL!
I had sooo many comments on Instagram and Facebook coz everyone was asking.. "What is this!" Hahaha! Now you knowww kekeke :)
It was a relaxing time coz the mask felt cool and I managed to unwind abit after being out the whole day and heading straight to dinner right after. 
After 
Lets see how my skin looks now!
There's absolutely no edit/photoshop to all my pictures in this post (except for adding words) My skin feels soft to the touch and there is almost no redness!
Even though I had a dinner appointment, I went sans makeup!
Picture taken from my Instagram @Sugar73
Overall Review : Right from the start, I love how cosy yet professional Aescure Medical & Aesthetic Clinic is. I am picky when it comes to my skin so I appreciate the patience of Dr Malini who is also so, so easy-going! She answered my questions and addressed my skin concerns effectively. I felt comfortable in her presence and I trusted her opinions. The HydraFacial treatment felt strangely refreshing as compared to a normal facial and I like how there is no extractions involved here that would usually leave skin feeling red and bruised so I could head off to dinner right after. The Hydrafacial was a great way to infuse serums into my skin and my face felt plump and smooth after the procedure. Complementing the HydraFacial was the BBL™ Forever Young-Sciton® which really revealed brighter, glowly skin right after one treatment! All in all, I feel that the procedure delivered great results and in addition it was fast (took around 2 hours including full consultation) so it is great for time strapped individuals who would like to pop in and rejuvenate their skin for an important event or to improve their skin condition.  
Aescure Medical & Aesthetic Clinic Current Promotion 
**
- First Trial session 20% off aesthetic treatments (T&C applies) 
* Excluding Doctor's aesthetic procedures 
(e.g. advanced fine thread lifting & skin rejuvenation, Botox and Fillers)
**
- 10% off treatment packages (T&C applies)
T& C applies * Excluding Doctor's aesthetic procedures (e.g. Fillers)
**
In addition, Doctor's consultation will be waived just by quoting my name! *yay!*
Please note : Readers must quote "Blogger Elaine" and present the screenshot of my blog post to enjoy the promotions! Promotion will be valid from 14th of April to 14th of May 2014.
Hope you enjoyed all the pictures and leaving you with a picture of my clean, clear skin 3 weeks on! I love how I look without makeup now (its not perfect but Im happy!) because Im a strong advocate of not using makeup to cover flaws, but rather - using makeup to enhance one's looks. I'll be documenting my future visits to Aescure Medical & Aesthetic Clinic, so I hope you'll be able to see if there's any difference along with me! Do drop me a note or leave a tag if you have any questions! Take care and drink more water everyone! Stay happy and healthy. God bless.
Facebook ♥ Instagram ♥ Twitter
AesCure Medical & Aesthetic Clinic
72 Amoy Street, Singapore 069891
Tel: +65 62205969 
Fax: +65 62205979 SMS: +65 91115506
Email: info@aescure.com
For more information, please head to :
Aescure Medical & Aesthetic Clinic Website : http://aescure.com/
Aescure Medical & Aesthetic Clinic Facebook : https://www.facebook.com/Aescure

You Might Also Like

6 comments

  1. do you know how much is this hydra facial per session? too many places are offering this facial now and the only thing that can entice me to sign up is the pricing factor. but it seems like everywhere has their own pricing strategy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. where do you get yr lashes? care to share? so nice..

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello Anonymous!
    Yes yes I agree with u :)
    Aescure currently has Hydra facial promo is at $288 for one session and $688 for 3 sessions. U can quote my name to waive ur consultation, and get a discount in addition to the services :) Hope this helps!

    Hi hi! My lashes are done by either Gina or Xiaoyue at Milly's Far East Plaza :)
    For more info, please head to : http://elaine73.blogspot.sg/2013/11/my-eyelash-extension-at-millys.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. Skin was injured after hydrafacial at an aesthetic practice in Novena. Do go to places with properly trained nurses and not beauticians.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Hi

    Just to share, "trained nurses " in aesthetic clinics were mostly therapist/ beauticians before.

    Just different job title between salons vs clinics.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Elaine,

    I read your blog and tried calling Aescure today but the number is not in service. Do you have any idea if they are still in operation? Thanks.

    ReplyDelete

Hello there, Pixie! Feel free to leave a comment, thanks! xo

My Reads

Blog Archive