My Barnacles Birthday Lunch

Tuesday, December 11, 2012

Sometime last week I turned 30 :)
But as the hubs & I were due to fly off on my actual birthday with the in-laws, we had a small intimate lunch with my parents after church.
I've never had lunch at Rasa Sentosa before, save for the time I went there when the hotel first opened in Sentosa! It was a long long time ago and I remembered swimming in the pool with my godsister!
There was live performance singing and the kids were having a ball of time! The Barnacles is extremely children-friendly I must say, - I spotted complimentary Balloon twisting session for the kids, and a section of the buffet was catered for children with spaghetti and meatballs! And ice-cream! 
Since it was a celebration for my big 3-0, we wasted no time getting some bubbly.
Cheers to my lovely parents and family!
The oysters here are shucked on request, which I really appreciate coz this ensures that they remain fresh and most divine!
Went around the buffet area while my oysters are getting ready 
(... to be eaten by me ho ho ho!)
There was a huge array of cold cuts and salad
The seafood selection consists of prawns, chilled cold crab and mussels. They were really succulent!
As you head to the alfresco area, this is where the hot buffet is. 
Barbecued meats, grilled prawns, soups and main dishes could be found here
I prefer the cold selection as compared to the hot buffet, as I found the main courses quite bland and boring.
However they serve very good coffee and the dessert choices was quite delectable. 
I had a piece of durian cake (not bad) and I thought the kueh lapis was pretty decent too.
But I really did enjoy the lunch experience with my family! 
We had great seats (you can choose indoor or outdoor, we had the indoor ones) and the view was fantastic. We could see the sea from a distance and we also enjoyed the singing performance! They sung many old songs which was reminiscent of the past and my parents had a grand ol' time taking lotsa of pictures and enjoying the food so that was all that matters :) 
Kitty had a charming time there too!
Thanks everyone for dropping by and thank you for all the well-wishes on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and emails.
I wish you all the best of health too, and stay happy!
Love.
xoxoxoxo
Special Thanks to Amebelle  for my Summer Love Tube Dress in Black!
Its now on sale too! ($25 instead of $30)
This is a perfect slip on dress for Sentosa, I foresee many lovely bohemian days by the sea in this!
Amebelle has also an exclusive promotion for all readers here!
Simply quote 'Elaine73' for 5% off your total purchases in additional to FREE NORMAL MAIL! Christmas came early this year! Yay!
Do check them out on Facebook (here!) and happy shopping at Amebelle.com (click here!) for a selection of lovely dresses and gorgeous tops for the upcoming festive season! Happy shopping! xo
Amebelle.com
Amebelle.com
Amebelle.com

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Hello there, Pixie! Feel free to leave a comment, thanks! xo

My Reads

Blog Archive