Kebaya Day Out

Monday, September 30, 2013

[OOTD] Having grown up in the east where the Peranakan culture is rich and apparent especially along the streets of Katong, donning the sarong kebaya is one of the things I love to do on a weekend, especially for church. Its easy and comfortable and although I dun wear the sarong, I match my kebaya tops with a classic pair of jeans and I'm good to go.
I have an array of kebaya and sarongs sourced locally or from Malacca but this dark rose pink kebaya top is one of my favorites!
Outside Rumah Bibik, Katong.
My prized 'Kasut Maneks' - handmade intricate beaded shoes that I bought from a small shop along the streets of Malacca. They are so pretty and I love the myriad of colors!
A close-up.
I prefer to use a single small gold 'Kerosang' (brooch) instead of the traditional 3 piece kerosang for a more casual and fuss-free look.
Hope you enjoyed these pictures~!
Facebook ♥ Instagram ♥ Twitter

You Might Also Like

2 comments

  1. oh God, that Kebaya is very beautiful , Love it!!! and really like the color! it suits you well...

    xoxo
    mui
    muimiu.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Hello there, Pixie! Feel free to leave a comment, thanks! xo

My Reads

Blog Archive