Herbivore Botanicals Brighten Mask Review

Monday, December 12, 2016

As age catches up with me, I find that I get very selective with what I apply and use on my face and in my daily skincare and makeup routine. Sometimes its really not about the quantity, but the quality. I get very intrigued with smaller, independent brands these days, especially if its paraben-free and made of carefully selected ingredients. So when I came across Herbivore Botanicals, I couldn't resist trying it out for myself. 
Herbivore Botanicals Brighten Mask Review
Every ingredient in a Herbivore Botanicals product is there for a specific therapeutic reason. Since they do not use fillers of any kind, - (meaning that almost every ingredient in the product is an “active” ingredient.) This results in pure, highly concentrated, and effective formulas. 
Herbivore Botanicals formulas are original, created and tested on real people , never on animals (Thank God.) and always from scratch. They emphasis on organic, high quality, and food-grade ingredients which I reckon is why this Brighten Mask uses Pineapple and Papaya fruit enzymes combined with micronized Tourmaline gemstone and rice powder. Sounds delicious actually!
Instructions are simple and clear but users have to take note that Herbivore Botanicals recommend using this mask only at night, as the product might cause skin sensitivity when exposed to sunlight. Do follow up with SPF the next day after using. 
Ingredients. As with food, makeup and skincare, more isn't merrier. In fact, you want to look for lesser ingredients, and preferably products that does not have preservatives, and that includes the words methylparaben, propylparaben, or butylparaben. 
First Impressions : I was actually quite surprised to see how runny the mask was when I opened the jar! The texture felt like a gel moisturizer and it was very easy to apply on the face. Scent-wise, it was pretty mild smelling, quite refreshing even. Which I would attribute it to the fruit enzymes, perhaps? There was a slight tingling sensation when I first applied it, but it went away rather quickly. I left it on for around 20 minutes, washed it off, applied my regular night cream and went to bed, waking up to incredibly soft skin the next day. Definitely a staple in my skincare routine from now on!
Herbivore Botanicals is a Sephora online exclusive, available here (Click Here) 
Thanks for looking! xo
Product was provided to me for a review, opinions are of my own.

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Hello there, Pixie! Feel free to leave a comment, thanks! xo

My Reads

Blog Archive