Ultherapy At Halley Medical Aesthetics - A Mother's Day Gift to Myself

Tuesday, July 02, 2019

When I first told the hubby that I was going for a facelift, he looked horrified. “Are you going to be bandaged like an Egyptian mummy and hide at home for weeks after??” he asked, genuinely concerned. I laughed so hard at his reaction that I almost couldn’t answer him but “Noooo...” I exclaimed,  “Ultherapy is the most advanced and non-invasive facelift that has no downtime!”, parroting everything Dr Terence Tan from Halley Medical Aesthetics said to me during my initial consultation at the clinic. 
The Consultation
As I turn 37 this year, there are certain things that I would really like to do for myself. 
Part of my “Turn Back The Clock and Lose Weight” motto for 2019 😜 - I had my hair cut, did my eyebrow embroidery, changed my skincare and went on #IntermittenFasting. But I felt that I needed something that would enhance my looks further and more effectively, minus the surgery. During my consultation with Dr Terence Tan from Halley Medical Aesthetics, his affable and cheerful demeanor put me at ease very quickly and we chatted like old friends. As my skin was showing signs of early sagging due to my age, Dr Terence Tan explained that I was a good candidate for Ultherapy. Unlike lasers, radio frequency or other technologies, non-surgical Ultherapy deliver the right amount of ultrasound energy to trigger a natural response under the skin, jumpstarting the regenerative process that produces fresh, new collagen, and hopefully making me look more youthful, yay.💓
About Ultherapy
Ultherapy is the only non-invasive, no-downtime skin tightening treatment approved by the US Food and Drug Administration (FDA). No surgical incisions are made as the treatment only uses focused ultrasound energy to stimulate the growth of fresh, new collagen. The result is a tightening and gradual lifting of the skin back to its youthful position.
Being a busy mother of two little ones, I really need a treatment that is fast, with no downtime but most importantly.. sometimes that works! With Ultherapy, Dr Terence Tan will direct ultrasound energy with pinpoint accuracy at three specific depths (1.5mm, 3.0mm, and 4.5mm) to target both the dermis (upper layer of the skin) and the SMAS layer where skin laxity begins. The focused ultrasound energy triggers a heavy-lifting of the skin from within, a process that will develop over a period of 90 days! Medical research also showed that the result doesn't stop there, in fact, the lifting and firming continues after that. As the body starts responding to Ultherapy right after the treatment, the skin will become tighter and more lifted over time with results most obvious three months after treatment. It is recommended that patients do an Ultherapy treatment once a year as part of their anti-ageing regime. Once a year?? Sounds perfect for a time strapped Mama like me!
Before the Treatment
Even though I have heard about the discomfort during Ultherapy, there are no special preparations or skincare regimens prior to the treatment, but Dr Terence Tan prescribed a mild painkiller and some numbing cream to be applied before I start, just to make the process more comfortable for me. Once that was done, we are all ready to start! Here we go!
*Just to take note : Not all Ultherapy treatments are the same. For example, to ensure optimal results of patient’s Ultherapy treatment, Halley Medical Aesthetics follows the Amplify Protocol recommended by Merz Aesthetics (the pharmaceutical company behind Ultherapy) This protocol advocates that doctors deliver 800 lines or shots of focused ultrasound energy for an effective, long-lasting full-face and upper neck lift. So do check with your practitioner if you can, before committing to the treatment. 😃 
Dr Terence Tan also explained that he will be showing me in real time where he will be delivering the shots, as the Ultherapy machine has the ultrasound imaging to see deep within the skin to determine optimal placement of the treatment energy.
What To Expect
Right after cleansing my skin of makeup and grime, Dr Terence Tan will begin to identify the specific areas to be treated. My problem areas are my cheeks and lower jowl due to lax skin. As Ultherapy is also safe for the eye area, Dr Terence Tan suggested to concentrate at my crow’s feet and brow, to improve the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles to achieve a fresher look. Sounds great! Once Dr Terence Tan applied the cool gel, we can start the treatment immediately. 
I must add that at Halley's Medical Aesthetics, they have a blower to blow cold air at the area treated and that is really a God-sent! It felt so nice and cooling while it took any discomfort away. I could feel a mild prickling sensation when the energy hit bony areas, but nothing too painful or uncomfortable, really!
The Duration
The whole treatment depends on the area treated. For myself, Dr Terence Tan took around 90 mins for my whole face, including eye and upper neck (also commonly known as the double chin area). Dr Terence Tan is also extremely friendly and we chatted just about everything under the sun so time just flew by during the process! 😂
Common FAQs
How is Ultherapy different from other cosmetic procedures?
Ultherapy is a non-invasive cosmetic procedure to stimulate the formation of new collagen deep below the skin’s surface and the only procedure to use ultrasound imaging, which allows practitioners to actually see the layers of tissue targeted during the treatment and ensure the energy is deposited precisely to where it will be most beneficial.
Can Ultherapy replace a facelift?
Ultherapy treats the deep foundational layer addressed in cosmetic surgery, but won’t duplicate the results of a surgical facelift. Ultherapy is a great alternative for those not ready for surgery, like me.
  Is Ultherapy safe?
The Ulthera® System is currently marketed worldwide in more than 60 countries, and over 1 million treatments have been performed globally. In addition, ultrasound energy has a proven track record, with use in the field of medicine for more than 50 years.
How many treatments does it take?
The majority of patients only need one treatment to see results - however, some may benefit from more than one treatment, depending on how much skin laxity they have and their body’s own biological response to the ultrasound and the collagen-building process. I’m heading back in 3 month’s time for my follow-up and I will show the comparison pictures here, so stay tuned! 🙏
Ultherapy Patient Record
I was also given my individual Ultherapy Patient record to know exactly how many shots and lines were administered by Dr Terence Tan during the treatment. Very detailed and informative! *Thumbs up* 
Post-Treatment
Here's me right AFTER my Ultherapy, zero makeup. 
I went back to #mumlife right after my treatment, heading out to pick the toddler from school. I applied some sunscreen and there was a 'flush' but really, everyone said I was glowing! 😻 There was an achy feeling around my jaw area a couple of days right after, but no major discomfort otherwise. There was a slight redness under my chin and cheek (which I could easily conceal with some makeup) - other than that, there is zero downtime and I was up and about with my daily activities immediately after. 



Treatment Cost
Ultherapy full-face and upper neck: $3,900 (800 lines)
Halley Medical Aesthetics
277 Orchard Road #03-15 Orchard Gateway Singapore 238858
6737 8233
 info@halley.com.sg
For more info, https://www.halley.com.sg/ultherapy
Facebook Page : www.facebook.com/halleymedicalaesthetics
Instagram : www.instagram.com/halleymedicalaesthetics
Youtube : www.youtube.com/HalleySGMedicalAesthetics
Thanks Dr Terence Tan and team for the fabulous experience!

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Hello there, Pixie! Feel free to leave a comment, thanks! xo

My Reads

Blog Archive