Welcoming Baby No.2 - Elric's Birth Story

Wednesday, October 11, 2017

I've been wanting to pen this down because, you know - scare mummy's brain and I totally regret not doing a blog post for my No.1 as I was super overwhelmed with motherhood then and the challenges of breastfeeding but that's another story for another day. This time round, I would say that Im alittle more well-equipped. In the sense that I guess I kinda know what to expect with a newborn and also taking it much easier this time round with breastfeeding since I have prior experience in *ahem* this department. I think its really true when people say that the state of mind does affect milk output. I remember crying about my lack of milk in those early days with Elroy coz I was so damn stressed about 'numbers' (amount of milk) and timings (every xx hour must feed and check diaper output) - But hor with didi now... the motto is simply, "Do your best la". 
I just need to keep him alive everyday. 😎 #Truestory
Welcoming Baby No.2 - Elric's Birth Story
Once again auntie me forever digressing and grandmother grandfather story about everything else under the sun so without further ado, lemme recount my birth story with baby no.2 : Elric Lim
To be honest I was expecting didi to come out sooner but it seems tat he was too comfortable in my tummy coz even at Week 39 +, I wasnt engaged or even dilated even though he was facing down for what seemed to be the longest time. So we decided to check into the hospital on EDD (Estimated Due Date) if there is no sound no picture by then. People ask me Why? Why dun wait? I tell you la, 40 Weeks enough for me liao. Heavy siol!
Hubby tabao-ed my favorite vegetarian bee hoon for breakfast when he sent the older one to school and then off we went to the hospital! Very, very 2927x glad that I can wash my hair before giving birth. You dunno how pain in the ass not washing hair is.
Got my hospital bags ready and doing paper work at the hospital! Someone walked past me and said "Hey you don't look like someone who is about to give birth!" - Xie xie ni .. I also think so too. 😅Coz ah, right outside the delivery ward I still thinking where to take picture first. ROFL~ I remember telling my husband "Please take a nice picture because this is the last time you will see me with this bump of Didi tank yew bery much." To which the hub simply replied "Orh." 
Took off my favorite Jumpeatcry Dual Function Jean Empire Dress (sooo comfy! and now Im wearing it post-birth coz I can nurse easily!) to change into the hospital gown and it felt like deja vu ~ coming into the delivery ward and doing this all over again. But this time sans contractions. (World of a difference please.)
I felt strangely calm. Its like Ok, lets do this. Maybe coz no contraction yet - so very tranquil feeling. LOL. The first thing in my birth plan is EPIDURAL. Got one wise man say - "做人 kiang diu ho, mai geh kiang." So I better dun geh kiang coz I cannot take it one, epidural is the way to go thanks. 
I love my anesthesiologist! She's soooo funny and bubbly, I almost didnt feel any stress or pain. It helps that I refuse to look at the needle la. I mean for wat. Scare myself only.
As I got my epidural and got induced, its purely a waiting game at this time of point to see if the contractions come. In the meantime, they ordered me to have some food (it was around almost lunch by then) so I was grateful to eat something before giving birth la. Later bo lat (no strength) push, cham ley. (Terrible ley)
Lying on the hospital bed - I felt so EMO! My inlaws had to help pick the toddler from school coz my hub was with me in the delivery ward and when they took a picture of him I could feel tears welling up my eyes. My baby.. looking all so grown up here. I wonder he knows he was going to have a new baby brother on the same day.
Selfie coz erm waiting 
Suddenly I ran a slight fever , maybe its due to the epidural IDK? The nurse took my temp and it was like a low-grade fever which explains to why I kept saying I felt hot. Then my hub was like, Where got hot? Kns really. Coz I ish fever omg no wonder *facepalm* Now I say I hot he faster adjust air con for me muahahahhaha
Since my gynae came in and broke my waterbag before heading off - I could feel the contractions building up slowly but surely. It was around 4-5 hours into waiting and boy was I feeling restless. Most importantly I hoped everything would turn out ok, becoz prolonged labour induction is not ideal too.
Sent a message to my pastor who helped us pray and we prayed together as well.
Tell you, dun believe also cannot ya - 5 minutes in my contractions started becoming really bad despite the epidural. Like CALL NURSE NOW bad
The midwife came and announced like how MRT announce delay liddat. "Ok you are at 5cm already. I go call doctor." Kthxbye. The end. Then I said PLEASE UP THE EPIDURAL!!!!!! Then she laughed and say ok ok I up max now ok? Then she taught me to push, like 1,2,3 push. Hold ur leg and push. Then I PUSHHHHH. The epidural was kicking in well - great. No pain. Just numbness and push. Suddenly the midwife said - OK DUN PUSH LE, I CAN SEE HEAD. 
OMG REALLY MA! 💢So anyways soon my gynae walked in, took a peek and laughed. He looked up at the clock (it was 4pm) and said one sentence that sounded like music to my ears. 
"I think later you can get to eat dinner." Hallelujah.  
Presenting Baby Elric Lim 
All 3.48kg of him ~ Praise the Lord.
Tired but elated.
Soon after, they wheeled me to my room and baby is in the nursery doing tests and all.
The firstborn came to look for me and we got his present 'from Didi' ready.
Had dinner together while waiting to see Didi for the first time
Grandparents were here too
Awww so small 
Elroy went home happy but my hub said he cried coz it was the first time I was away from him at night. After crying he managed to fall asleep and my heart felt abit better as my hub sent this picture.. else I also want to cry! He was never away from my side since the day he was born.. but now I guess we have no choice so he has to adapt la. 
The next day ...
Breakfast 
The hub sent the son to school and popped by to visit me his son
Once again Lilo unleashes her photography powers, and the rest of the ladies are here to see me! 
Thanks for coming my dearies!!!! Heart hugsss 👄
Tabao-ed 
Haha Ang so cute!
Oh my sleeping child 😁
Aunty Lainey is here!
Thanks for coming by! xo
And Aunty Deb! Thanks for chionging down 💪
All my pretty yi-yis 
Thank you all for your generous gifts 👐
The toddler claimed ownership of the balloons thksss
Lastly - pictures from Lilo and here they are! Thank you so much my dear friend! 💕 #InlawForever
Heart this so much
"Twinkle twinkle little star, do you know how loved you are?"
#BrothersForLife
Motherhood - "I may not be perfect, but when I look at my children I know I did something perfectly right." 👪
Thanks for looking guys! xo 

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Hello there, Pixie! Feel free to leave a comment, thanks! xo

My Reads

Blog Archive